Field Trip Day Comes To Reitz Arena Thursday For Women's Hoops Vs. American
|Date||Thursday, January 11, 2018|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
Field Trip Day
• Thursday’s game is Loyola’s Field Trip Day. Approximately 950 students from 11 different Baltimore area schools will travel to Reitz Arena for the game.
Loyola Greyhounds (3-12, 1-3 Patriot League)
• With 15.0 points and 10.0 rebounds per game, Stephanie Karcz is one of three League players averaging a double-double this season, while she’s the only one averaging double figures in both scoring (15.3) and rebounding (15.3) in the four League games.
• Karcz and Izzy Therien are ranked fourth and sixth, respectively, in scoring in the Patriot League. Therien has reached double-figures in scoring through nine of 10 games this season and is the top-ranked freshman in scoring in the League (14.1 ppg).
• Karcz leads the League in steals (3.2 per game) and is third in rebounding (10.0). She’s posted five double-doubles this season, including one in the last three games. Against Holy Cross, she turned in a game-high 21 points and a career-best 19 rebounds - the most for a Greyhound since Patty Stoffey also had 19 in 1991.
• In four League games, Karcz leads all players in rebounding, with 15.3 per game, and steals, with 15. Ashley Hunter is tied for second in the League in blocked shots, with seven, while Karcz and Therien are tied for fifth in scoring, at 15.3 points per game.
American Eagles (11-4, 4-0 Patriot League)
• The Eagles, winners of their last five-straight games, are the last remaining undefeated team in the Patriot League, as they boast a 4-0 record in League contests.
• Emily Kinneston leads American with 14.0 points per game, while Cecily Carl is averaging 11.4. Carl also has a team-best 8.1 rebounds per game.
• Loyola will hit the road for a pair of games, traveling to Lafayette on Sunday for a 2 p.m. contest, and Bucknell Wednesday for a 6 p.m. tipoff.